Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Big man on campus

The president came to town today. We waited in the most spectacular line I've ever seen. Two hours and probably at least a mile long to an event with airport security (no bags! No liquids!). We couldn't see any of the speakers. Ari took a picture from Sara's shoulders before playing in the dirt. They made an O for Obama. Osha ran crazy through the crowd and had sword fights with sticks with the other children who had no hope of seeing (he also got a chance on Sara's shoulders, he thought he saw the president's hair). The babies and I were photographed by a newspaper photographer and when she asked what I thought about President Obama coming to town my mind went blank and I gave the single worst answer of my life. "Um, I like him? I hope he wins the election?"

Maria was kind enough to send me the last two pictures, so I know he was really there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

That sounds like a fun event! I wish he was trying to visit ME to make sure I would vote for him!

8:35 AM EDT  
Blogger Seraf said...

Does he never speak publicly there?

It is kind of cool and kind of annoying living in a swing state. You can't turn on the tv or radio without hearing negative ads.

11:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home